Terms & Conditions of Business
All orders placed with The Shopfitting Shop Limited are accepted with the understanding that the customer / purchaser has read and understood our terms and conditions of sale which are highlighted below. By accepting our terms and conditions you are entering into a binding contract which may only be cancelled by written agreement. The word “Company” within the following terms and conditions refers to The Shopfitting Shop Limited and the words “our website” refers to www.theshopfittingshop.co.uk
1. Our Terms
- Why you should read these the terms and conditions: These terms and conditions explain any contract you have between us for the supply of goods and services. Please read the terms and conditions prior to ordering any goods from The Shopfitting Shop Limited as it explains who we are, how we will fulfil your order and how the contract can be cancelled by you or us. It explains what to do in the event of a problem or if you wish to change your mind. When completing your order, you will be asked before finalising your payment to accept our terms and conditions
2. Who we are
The Shopfitting Shop Limited is a Private Limited Company registered in England & Wales. We operate from our warehouse facility in Cheshire. Our company registration number is 06900077 and our VAT number is GB975319486.
- Our trading address is. The Shopfitting Shop Limited, Units 4a & 4b Holmes Chapel Business Park, Manor Lane, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 8AF, United Kingdom.
- Our contact details are. email@example.com or you can telephone us on +44 (0) 1477 534 273. You can also contact us in writing at, The Shopfitting Shop Limited, Units 4a & 4b Holmes Chapel Business Park, Manor Lane, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 8AF or visit our website theshopfittingshop.co.uk
- How we may contact you. The shopfitting Shop Limited may need to contact customers who place orders with us for goods or services. We would contact you on the telephone number provided during the order process or by writing to you at the email address supplied or the postal address given on the order.
3. The Contract
- Our website will guide you through the ordering process smoothly. During all stages of your buying experience you can view, change or amend your order at any time. You can use our website to plan your order and at no stage of your viewing or planning experience are you committed to buy any of the goods you place in your shopping cart.
- Accepting your order. The Shopfitting Shop Limited will only accept your order once you have completed the checkout process on our website and paid for the goods & services by your chosen method. During the checkout process you will be asked to check & amend your order as well as agreeing to our terms and conditions. Once you have completed this section of the website, we will be notified that you have placed an order on our system, and you will receive an order number. This will be automatically generated once check out is complete. You will also be notified of your order soon after completing the order by email.
- If we cannot accept your order. The Shopfitting Shop Limited may not be able to accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will notify you as soon as we are able to by making a telephone call, emailing you on the address you supplied or by writing to you at your postal address. If we are unable to accept your order, then you will not be charged for the goods. We may not be able to accept your order due to stock issues, because we have identified an error, the delivery address supplied is incorrect or we are unable to meet your deadline. If you have already paid for goods or services, then a refund will be issued as soon as possible. If you have placed any orders outside of our operational hours, then you will be notified as soon as we are open for business if we are unable to accept your order.
4.1 All prices displayed on our website are shown in British Pounds (£). The number of items ordered will affect the total value of any order. The company reserves the right to change prices without notice and to charge the customer / purchaser the price change at date of invoice. All prices advertised on our website are shown EXCLUSIVE of VAT however you can use the VAT toggle button to view prices INCLUSIVE of VAT at any time during the order process. The current rate of VAT in the United Kingdom is 20%. This will be added to your invoice at the end of the transaction. All values will be clearly shown at all stages of the ordering process.
4.2 Prices displayed on our website may vary from in store or catalogue prices. Online prices are exclusive to online purchases.
5.1 The Shopfitting Shop welcomes the following forms of payment. Online sales must be paid for by debit / credit card prior to dispatch. We accept all major credit cards on our website however currently we do not accept cards by American Express. We accept payments from Paypal, Amazon Payments or by SAGEPAY. You will be directed to our secure payment gateways during the checkout process.
All goods remain the Property of “The Shopfitting Shop Limited” until paid for in full. Title of goods belongs to “The Shopfitting Shop Limited” until paid for in full. Drawings, Artwork, Photographs and Designs are copyrighted and belong to “The Shopfitting Shop Limited”, special manufacture of goods or bespoke items must be paid for in advance. Failure to pay in full for any equipment supplied by The Shopfitting Shop Limited will result in legal action.
6.1 Products on our website are illustrated by use of photographic images obtained by either ourselves or from the factory who manufacture the product. Although every effort is made to show clear images, colour and style we are unable to guarantee these are displayed in the same format on customers ever changing media screens.
6.2 Images used on our website are for illustration purposes only and in some circumstances the use of photo editing software will be used to create scenes which best portray our products. Whilst every effort is made to keep the proportion of size correct and the measurements accurate, we cannot be held responsible should they not fit a customer intended space.
6.3 The Shopfitting Shop Limited manufactures or selects its product range from several countries around the world as well as supporting UK made products. If you would like to become a supplier to The Shopfitting Shop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6.4 The Shopfitting Shop Limited will make every effort to ensure measurements provided are accurate but from time to time our manufacturers may change a design or tweak a product to improve it. The Shopfitting Shop will ask you to double check your measurements prior to ordering goods. If we are manufacturing products to measurements you have supplied, then it is your responsibility to make sure they are accurate. You may be asked to sign paperwork to agree your measurements are correct. We will not be held responsible for any products manufactured if you have supplied incorrect information.
6.5 All images are copyright protected and are the property of The Shopfitting Shop Limited. Use of any images from our website will be subject to a signed media agreement. Should you wish to use images or data from our website please email email@example.com with your written request and our legal department will contact you for further information.
7.0 Delivering your order
7.1 The Cost: The cost of delivery is clearly displayed during the checkout process on our website however you can find a link here to our Delivery Terms page.
7.2 How will my order be delivered? The Shopfitting Shop Limited will use the most suitable postal service to deliver your product. We may use several different parcel carriers or pallet services to make a delivery of your order.
7.3 When will my order be delivered? The Shopfitting Shop Limited or our chosen carrier will attempt to make delivery as soon as reasonably possible. Our target delivery to any UK Mainland address is 2-3 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
7.4 Deliveries are made to the address given by the customer during the checkout process. Once goods have left our warehouse, we are unable to change, alter or stop the delivery. It is therefore the customers responsibility to choose a delivery address where the goods can be accepted Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
7.5 What days do you deliver on? Deliveries are made between 8am and 6pm Weekdays only. The term weekdays are referred to as Monday – Friday but Excludes Bank Holidays throughout the year. We do not offer, advertise, charge or suggest that a delivery can be made on any other day. (EXCEPTIONS) The Shopfitting Shop Limited does not make deliveries on a weekend, however, from time to time during busier than normal periods the chosen carrier may choose to operate on part of the weekend to clear backlogs or overstored items. The Shopfitting Shop Limited has no control over this service.
7.6 What happens if I am not at the address when a delivery is attempted? If a delivery is attempted and no one is available to accept the goods, the parcel company will do several things. A. They should leave a card through your letterbox explaining what you can do next. Options will often include a redelivery, or you can collect from a dept in your area. B. Most parcel carriers these days have a policy in place which allows the drivers to leave a parcel safe if they feel that the parcel can be left dry and safe from harm. This policy is in place to save customers time and money in having to arrange redeliveries or pay for redelivery fees. C. The delivery company can choose to deliver the parcel to an immediate neighbour. This is often the safest and most reliable form of delivery if you are not around. This can be a neighbour either side of the delivery address or immediately across the road. A card should be left at the correct property of details of where your parcel is. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you are also agreeing to the parcel carrier’s service agreement policy.
7.7 I’m a consumer and I work all day, and no one is at home to accept a delivery, what happens then? The Shopfitting Shop fully appreciates that customers will often work Monday – Friday however we cannot be held responsible for failed deliveries if you have chosen a delivery address you know prior to ordering will not be able to accept a delivery within our delivery window. It is recommended where possible that you have the goods delivered to your work address, friends house or family members home. If you are unable to do that then Condition 7.6 & 7.8 would apply.
7.8 Re-Arranging a delivery. The parcel company’s delivery card should contain all the information you need to make your own arrangements for redelivery or collection. It is recommended that you contact the carrier within 5 working days. Failure to re-arrange or collect your goods may result in your goods being returned to our warehouse. The Shopfitting Shop Limited may need to contact you regarding the delivery if you have not contacted the carrier. We will do this by telephone or writing to you by email. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and recover our costs. If The Shopfitting Shop Limited choses to end the contract of purchase under these circumstances we will refund you any money paid in advance for products but we will look to deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for our costs as a result of you breaking the contract.
7.9 Delivery Delays. Deliveries can often be delayed for any number of reasons which are outside of our control. Weather is usually the main reason for delays followed by traffic issues however other reasons such as strikes, network failures, transport issues and acts of war have all resulted in parcel delays. The Shopfitting Shop Limited will not be held responsible for failed or delayed deliveries under these circumstances.
8. Consumer – Your Rights to Cancel / End the Contract. (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014)
8.1 Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.
8.2 If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14-day period runs from when you get the last of the batch.
8.3 This 14-day period is the time you must decide whether to cancel and to send the goods back.
9.0 Your right to a refund
9.1 You should get a refund within 14 days of either The Shopfitting Shop Limited getting the goods back, or you are providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a signature of a Shopfitting Shop team member at our warehouse, Proof of postage is not evidence that the goods have been received), whichever is the sooner.
9.2 A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary.
9.3 The extent to which you can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop.
9.4 The Shopfitting Shop must refund the basic delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place, however, if you opted for enhanced service e.g. guaranteed next day, it only has to refund the basic cost.
10.1 There are some circumstances where the Consumer Contracts Regulations won’t give you a right to cancel. These include, CDs, DVDs or software if you’ve broken the seal on the wrapping, perishable items and tailor-made or personalised items or made to measure products. They also include goods with a seal for health protection and hygiene reasons that’s been broken.
10.2 There is a default delivery period of 30 days during which the retailer needs to deliver the goods to you unless a longer period has been agreed.
11. Returning Faulty Goods
11.1 What do I do if I receive faulty goods?
If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, the Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.
So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they’re supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act (which replaces the Sale of Goods Act from 1 October 2015) as you have when buying in store. Please visit the above websites to view the full details.
11.2 If you wish to exercise your rights to return faulty goods you can either return them in person or contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01477534273 and we will arrange a collection. In all circumstances we will require evidence that the goods are faulty in writing along with any photographic evidence to support your claim for faulty goods.
11.3 Exceptions. A damaged cardboard box that is used to protect the contents of the box is not classed as a damaged or faulty product. Packaging is used for mail order purposes to carry and protect the product being purchased. We cannot guarantee that the packaging will arrive in the same condition as it left our warehouse however, we take every step necessary to make sure it is. Faulty or damaged goods refers to the contents and not the packaging.
12. Returns Policy
The Shopfitting Shop hopes that you are 100% happy with your purchase. If you are not entirely satisfied with any product purchased from us, we will replace or refund the product price in full.
To return any unwanted items or products ordered in error simply complete our RETURNS FORM.
You can return part or all your order for a full product refund within 14 days of delivery.
To open a return, simply complete the RETURNS FORM and email it to email@example.com You can also fax your completed form to us at FAX: 01477 531 268. A member of The Shopfitting Shop team will aim to acknowledge your email or fax within 48 hours (Monday – Friday excluding Bank Holidays)
Please do not send any items back to us until you have heard from our returns department.
- Goods must be returned within 14 days of delivery at your address.
- Goods must be in their original packaging, unbuilt and fit for resale.
- Excludes any made to measure products – See our Terms & Conditions.
- We encourage you to use a signed for delivery service & obtain proof of postage from the postal company you are using to return your order. Goods will remain the property of the sender until they are signed for at our returns warehouse.
Damages / Shortages
Whilst every care is taken to ensure your order is picked and packed correctly, packaged well and shipped on time, we understand that damages & shortages may happen. All we ask is that orders are checked and inspected within 3 days of delivery. In the rare event an item has been received damaged or missing parts simply email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide your order number and a brief description of your issue.